This Capitola Bungalow’s 40-year-old kitchen layout was workable for the homeowners, but they wanted a cleaner, brighter look with glass fronted uppers to display their collection of fiesta ware.
- Outdated cabinets
- Refrigerator dominated the space blocked light from the window
- Dated light fixtures
- Moved refrigerator to a non-window wall
- Black quartzite counters; classic running bond backsplash in white
- Stove relocated to take advantage of natural light
- Recessed lighting and bright pendants
- Bright white cabinets and crown moulding
- Center island with walnut top and built-in wine rack
Our architect really understood the clients’ desires and kept the bungalow reference but created an upscale feel within a small footprint. Having an experienced design team makes all the difference.