This Rio Del Mar home was built in 1974. The original cabinets were dark and sucked the light out of the room. The tile with large grout joints was a nightmare to keep clean. While the layout was functional, the homeowner had a Mid-Century Aesthetic and our team was able to deliver a tasty makeover.
- 35-year-old cabinets
- Tile counters
- Dated appliances
- Lack of task lighting
- Custom horizontal-grain cabinets with awning style glass fronts as an accent.
- Solid-surface counter tops make clean up a snap.
- Glass-tile backsplash with under cabinet lighting
- Up lighting over upper cabinets brighten the kitchen
- Kitchen island has lots of storage and every bit of space is used
- Stainless-steel toe kicks create a floating effect
- Minimalist cabinet hardware keeps clean lines
Collaboration with the homeowner and our Design team throughout the project resulted in a fresh, modern kitchen with a definite mid-century vibe!